The Voice

Pet of the Month: Anna Grace Boyd’s Horse

Back to Article
Back to Article

Anna Grace and Buddy Boy

Anna Grace and Buddy Boy

Anna Grace and Buddy Boy

Anna Grace and Buddy Boy

Olivia Neidenbach, Photo Editor

Although everyone constantly asks their parents for a “pony,” having a horse as a pet is something that is pretty uncommon. St Joseph Academy’s Senior Anna Grace Boyd is one of the few people that is lucky enough to have her own horse. His name is Buddy Benji Boyd, Buddy boy for short. He is an extremely handsome, sassy, and charismatic creature that fills Anna Grace’s life with never-ending joy.  Buddy lives at Kraus Farms Equestrian Center located in High Ridge, Missouri. Anna Grace visits him almost everyday after school to do things like feed him, ride him, bathe him, play with him, and show him love and attention. Throughout all of her life, Anna Grace has had a profound love for horses. Currently, she is a passionate, competitive rider and is specifically known for her achievements in barrel racing. In March of 2014, her dream of having her own horse came true. There was an instant connection when they first met and Buddy immediately filled a spot in her heart. When asked about him, Anna Grace says, “He’s my everything.” After spending a few weeks together, Anna Grace discovered that he is incredibly smart. For example, he recognizes the sound of Anna Graces voice and even senses her emotions. Anna Grace explained that when she is feeling sad, he sweetly rests his nose in between her shoulder and ear and takes a big breath. The gust of wind tickles her ear, causing her to laugh and instantly brightens her mood. When it comes to riding, Buddy learns pretty quickly. He has learned how to barrel race, jump hurdles, trail ride, free ride, and do ground tricks. Anna Grace says he knows exactly what is going on when they are competing in a rodeo and conducts himself in a very appropriate manner. In addition to his smarts, Buddy has a sassy, wild personality that is bound to make you laugh. Anna Grace claims he is very bossy, and whenever she sits down to take a break, he attempts to make her stand back up by either pushing on her back with his nose or grabbing her shoe. Although he is very well-mannered during competitions, he loves to run wild, dangerous trail rides bareback and take Anna Grace on adventures. At a glance, you may think his size would allow him to be fearless but this is not the case. Something funny that terrifies him are miniature horses. When he sees a miniature horse, he perks up his ears and begins to back away as if the small pony is a terrifying monster. She claims that although he is a complete spaz, she loves him to death and would not want any other pet as her best companion.

• Pet of the Month: Anna Grace Boyd’s Horse

Features

A Letter to Sophomores

Features

Seniors Anticipate College

Features

An Evening with the Angels Auction

Features

Katie Richardson Awarded “Coach of the Year” for Volleyball

Features

Senior Mallory Holzer earns Archbishop John L. May Service Award

Features

MLK Model of Justice Award: Claire Shackleford

Arts

Alumna Service: Annie Baalmann DeBoer ’84

Features

Find of the Month: VB Chocolate Bar

Features

Dogs with Blogs

Features

A Day Unplugged From Social Media

The Student News Site of St Joseph's Academy