• Supporters of St. Josephs Academy raise money for the school at An Evening with the Angels.

auction

An Evening with the Angels: a Smashing Success Despite Relocation

• Taylor Swift accepting her Grammy for Album of the Year.

Features

Grammys Recap

• Fall 2023-24

Print Issues

Fall 2023-24

• A Thousand Boy Kisses is the novel to make you feel all of the emotions.

Arts

A Thousand Boy Kisses: My Opinion

• A handmade palm leaf cross from Palm Sunday reminds Catholics of the Lenten season.

campus ministry

Leaping into Lent

• A lady celebrates Mardi Gras by wearing traditional purple, green, and gold clothing for a parade.

Features

Marching Into Mardi Gras

• St. Joe student volunteers at St. Joe Serves.

campus ministry

Celebrating Catholic Schools Around the World

• Mr. Mikey Ward poses for a photo.

Features

Meeting Mr. Ward

• A Christmas tree glows brightly as it welcomes families into the Christmas season.

Features

Going Home for the Holidays

• St. Joe Junior Varsity Raquetball team having fun at practice.

Sports

Flying with the Angels into this Winter’s Racquetball Season

The Student News Site of St Joseph's Academy

The Voice

The Voice

The Voice

SJA Wrapped

The+2023+Musical+Revue+cast.+
Margie Edwards
The 2023 Musical Revue cast.

The year 2024 has finally arrived but first, a recap of the spectacular year of 2023 is needed. This year was filled with many memorable moments for the Academy, from winning more state championships to letting in another record-breaking freshman class. Let’s dive into the biggest moments of 2023. 

There were many athletic achievements this year starting with the dance team heading to dance nationals at Disney World. They also went to the state championship where they placed first for their exceptional hip hop routine. Then the soccer team came out with a victory for all but one game during the regular season. The summer passed while athletes prepared for an amazing fall season. The golf team was the state runner-up while the cross country team was victorious at the state meet for the first time in school history. Year after year each sports team continues to win championships and break records and 2023 was no different. 

Along with sports, there were several theatrical performances this year. The spring play was a one-of-a-kind black box-style show with people sitting on seats right on the stage. It was called “The Unravelling” and received many excellent reviews from all who attended. There was also the annual musical review that the spectacular dancers and singers of the academy put on. Then finally came the fall musical “Matilda.” There were many underclassmen in this show but it looked like these young girls were professionals. 2023 was a true breakthrough year for SJA theater. 

This year SJA also let in another record-breaking class with more than 170 new angels who joined the sisterhood last fall. The admissions department has continued to implement genius ideas to convince young girls to attend the best all-girls school in the nation. 

Two members of the SJA Class of 2027 smile at their Welcome Day celebration. (Unknown)

Mrs. MacConnell, assistant admissions director, is so proud of the admissions department for welcoming many new students yearly.

“As an alumna, it fills me with great pride to see so many amazing young women and families continuing to have such a strong desire to join the St. Joe Family.   It’s a reminder of how blessed we are and a testament to just how amazing this community truly is,” MacConnell said.

This year SJA also added several new faculty members. New teachers have come in and have already made an impact on the lives of their students. They have brought new and enjoyable energy into the halls of the academy. SJA has become a happier environment because of these new stellar teachers. Thanks to them, students have continued to succeed during 2023. They acquired new studying skills and have learned in more interesting ways just because of a new role model in their lives. Everyone at SJA is grateful for every one of these new faces in the hallways.

Ms. Hotop, principal of student affairs, is so proud of everything the students have accomplished this year and is looking forward to the next one. 

“One thing I’m most proud of concerning students wasn’t exactly a moment but it has been how thoughtful they all are. I see it every day in how they support one another,” Ms. Hotop said. 

This year was a truly remarkable one for SJA. Faculty, students, and teachers made countless memories in and outside of the classroom. They have all grown closer as a school community and continue working to make SJA an even better place for all future angels.