• Supporters of St. Josephs Academy raise money for the school at An Evening with the Angels.

auction

An Evening with the Angels: a Smashing Success Despite Relocation

• Taylor Swift accepting her Grammy for Album of the Year.

Features

Grammys Recap

• Fall 2023-24

Print Issues

Fall 2023-24

• A Thousand Boy Kisses is the novel to make you feel all of the emotions.

Arts

A Thousand Boy Kisses: My Opinion

• A handmade palm leaf cross from Palm Sunday reminds Catholics of the Lenten season.

campus ministry

Leaping into Lent

• A lady celebrates Mardi Gras by wearing traditional purple, green, and gold clothing for a parade.

Features

Marching Into Mardi Gras

• St. Joe student volunteers at St. Joe Serves.

campus ministry

Celebrating Catholic Schools Around the World

• Mr. Mikey Ward poses for a photo.

Features

Meeting Mr. Ward

• A Christmas tree glows brightly as it welcomes families into the Christmas season.

Features

Going Home for the Holidays

• St. Joe Junior Varsity Raquetball team having fun at practice.

Sports

Flying with the Angels into this Winter’s Racquetball Season

The Student News Site of St Joseph's Academy

The Voice

The Voice

The Voice

Seniors’ Last Semester

Alli Schimweg
The senior class making memories during first semester

Seven semesters in and with one left to go, seniors at St. Joe are wrapping up their high school experience with lots of mixed emotions. While some are excited for the next chapter in their lives, others are frightened at what’s to come.

With the finish line in sight, the countdown is on for seniors. First semester left seniors with new privileges, like leaving early and coming in late. Senior lounge was also opened as a senior-only spot to relax. Seniors experienced the beginning of the lasts: the last first day in high school, the last “short-dress” dance, and the last Halloween at the Academy. Senior Paige Nosser shares how she felt after spooking students in the annual “Haunted Hallway.”

“I always remembered being super scared to walk down the Haunted Hallway, but being the one screaming is almost sad. I guess I never thought it would actually be me in this position,” Paige said.

Although the first semester is over, seniors still have many key St. Joe events to look forward to. From experiencing the Father-Daughter Dance in long dresses and graduation in white dresses to Senior Service projects and award ceremonies, seniors still have plenty to look forward to. Taylor Dunn, an excited senior, says that she has been looking forward to her senior year Father-Daughter Dance for as long as she can remember.

“My dad came into my life a little bit later than others yet we could not be closer if we tried. I am super excited to dance with him one last year and see our picture on the PowerPoint,” Taylor said.

Seniors Emily Allen, Alli Schimweg, and Lana Wen welcome students to the Barbie SCREAMhouse

As the last semester begins, seniors begin the process of goodbyes. So many teachers have affected the senior class. They have inspired careers and shaped personalities. St. Joe faculty and staff have helped facilitate the closeness of the class. Like many senior classes, students were grateful for the first semester that brought them close and anxious for the second semester to tie them together far past high school. 

Although the next chapter looms over the senior class, they are ready for it. Talk of college, majors, and careers echo “senior hallway.” The second semester brings along new fears and stresses well beyond high school, yet this senior class is prepared. College advisors help steer students through challenges, and teachers encourage them to find their passions. Lexi Novak is in the process of making future decisions while soaking in her last couple of months at St. Joe.

“I have narrowed my decision to three colleges, but I already chose my major. I just have to keep reminding myself to live in the moment and not to worry too much because whatever I choose will be perfect,” Lexi said.

Wrapping up the first semester fills the senior class with many different emotions. One common emotion in the class is sadness: sadness for leaving the place they spent their last years, along with sadness for leaving the girls they have grown so close to. The final few months are filled with exciting memories to still be made and sentimental memories that will always be there to look back on.