Rosemary Beach is the Place to Be

A+St.+Joe+tumbler+resting+in+the+sand+in+front+of+the+sunset+at+Rosemary+Beach.+

A St. Joe tumbler resting in the sand in front of the sunset at Rosemary Beach.

Jenna Akins, Senior Staff Writer

Why Rosemary? 

Spring break is one of the most anticipated parts of the school year. It is a chance to let all the students, faculty and staff to have a time to relax. Many people go on vacation to be around family and friends while others stay in town and use this time to recharge. Many students love to get away from the cold and head on down to the beach.

There are many popular locations to travel. The most popular one out of students from St.  Louis is Rosemary Beach. It is located in northern Florida on the Panhandle. It is crowded with a lot of people aged 14–17. The true question is what makes Rosemary so enticing? 

Rosemary has many things to offer from their beaches to their restaurants. The environment in Rosemary is what draws in people. Since there are many teenagers running around it entices others to also head down to Rosemary to be around others just like them. 

Teenagers spend most of their time down there biking and meeting new people. They enjoy getting big groups of people together to spend their day at the beach. It is also inviting to parents because of the easy travel to Rosemary and its award winning restaurants. There is also a big police presence in Rosemary which makes parents feel secure with allowing their children to hang out. 

While senior Sophie Middendorf did not go to Rosemary this year, she has been many times before.

“I have been to Rosemary 5 times. I really love how I am able to bike everywhere. I also love the cute shops, the restaurants and the beaches. The one thing I don’t like is that they have made new rules on who is allowed to drive the golf carts,” Sophie said. 

This year Rosemary Beach seemed to be more popular than ever. There was a survey sent out to the student body and 51 out of 67 students said that they have been to Rosemary at least once before. Of those, 33 students said that they went to Rosemary this Spring Break. These numbers show just how beloved Rosemary is by people at SJA.

Family’s enjoying their time on the beach by playing in a mini pond formed by the rain.

Sophomore Audrey Christian went down to Rosemary Beach this Spring Break to spend a week in the warmer weather.

“This spring break was my 4th time going to Rosemary. My favorite place to go in Rosemary is a smoothie bowl place called Playa Bowl. I also love how clean the beaches are. The only thing I don’t like about Rosemary is that it can be very crowded,” Audrey said. 

Rosemary is an enjoyable and warm place to put your feet up and relax during spring break. They are many different places to spend your time at when you are not at the beach.