Class of 2020 Celebrates Its Junior Ring Ceremony

JR1) The class of 2020 chose the quote, “Alone We Can Do So Little. Together We Can Do So Much” as their Junior Ring quote. Photo: Claire Price

Olivia Hattrich, Staff Writer

On Friday, April 5, the Class of 2020 celebrated their Junior Ring ceremony, a monumental occasion the SJA juniors will always remember. All St. Joe faculty, students, and parents of juniors gathered in the gym to celebrate this ceremony. The theme of “Alone we can do so little, but together we can do so much” unified the junior class in the SJA motto of “Not I, But We” as they received their green St. Joe rings. This special day was certainly an unforgettable event for the Class of 2020!

The exciting day started off with a mass presided over by Father Bob Suit, from All Saints parish in St. Peters,  followed by the ring presentation in the gym. In solidarity with their Angel sisters, seniors presented the juniors with flowers, sophomores designed each student a personalized ring box to store her ring and freshmen provided a reception for the families after the ceremony.

The juniors are thrilled with their new rings.

“I can’t believe I finally have my ring! I’ve been looking forward to it for so long!” junior Grace Hattrich said.

Not only was it a great day for juniors, but the event also made many freshmen excited for their future at St. Joe, as they attended their first Junior Ring ceremony.

“ I loved seeing the juniors get their rings!” freshman Mary Dill said. “ Now I can’t wait to get mine in a few years!”

The celebration ended with a dance at St. Joe, organized by the junior class officers.

“ I had so much fun at the dance, hanging out with my friends and showing off our new rings!” junior Grace Dolan said.

Overall, it was a really great experience for all of SJA to watch the juniors celebrate this exciting time in their lives that truly unifies them as the Class of 2020!