The Voice

The Field Hockey Team Scores with Senior Night

Lily+Johnston%2C+Annie+Hoffmeister%2C+and+Laura+Halliday+present+senior%2C+Joni+Halliday%2C+with+gifts+during+the+Field+Hockey+Senior+Night.++
Lily Johnston, Annie Hoffmeister, and Laura Halliday present senior, Joni Halliday, with gifts during the Field Hockey Senior Night.

Maddie Nicholson, Staff Writer

The St. Joseph’s Academy Varsity Field Hockey team hosted Edwardsville High School for their Senior Night game on Thursday, October 4.

Varsity sport players look forward to senior nights at St. Joseph’s Academy, but one sport in particular. The Field Hockey team prepares for their Senior Night by doing many things. Many people help out with the organization of the event to make it a night to remember for these seniors.

Claire Aubel, the Varsity head coach, is happy to have wonderful parents who do most of the heavy lifting for senior night.

“They organize flowers and gifts for each of our seniors. They also get a senior T-shirt made for the team to wear that day. As a coach, I put together a book/binder of letters for each senior that every member of the team writes and put together a script to be read on senior night during the senior night ceremony,” Coach Aubel said.

As well as parents, younger students also help to organize the night. This is a good way for them to express their gratitude for the leaders of the team. The students write letters to the seniors telling them how much they appreciate them.

Abby Koch loves Senior Night, particularly writing letters to her senior team members.

“It was fun to think back on our season, include inside jokes, and just write nice things that we normally wouldn’t tell them everyday,” Koch says.

Senior Annie Thompson has been on the varsity team for her junior and senior years and has looked forward to this night for a while.

“I loved senior night because it reminded me of my commitment over the years and all the fun and happy moments with the team that I’ve made because of it,” Thompson said

• The Field Hockey Team Scores with Senior Night

News

Angels Impacting the World

News

St. Joe’s New Neighbors

News

Seniors receive stoles to formalize leadership roles at St. Joe

News

Holocaust survivor speaks to St. Joe English Class

News

Art students create creative posters for St. Joseph’s Academy’s re-creation of Little Women

News

The junior class participates in annual retreat

News

St. Joe Alumnae bring the ‘Not I But We’ motto back home for Angel Fest

News

St. Joseph’s Academy’s hearts touched on three-day senior retreat

News

Leggings make “legal” appearance at St. Joe

News

College Advising Helps Angels’ Futures Take Shape

The Student News Site of St Joseph's Academy