“Welcome to Heaven” Class of 2027

St. Joseph Academy Instagram

Current freshmen students prepare to welcome the SJA Class of 2027 on Saturday, January 28th.

Bella Elpers, Senior Staff Writer

On the morning of Saturday, January 28th, St. Joseph’s Academy students gathered together at St. Joe to welcome their newest angels. Mrs. Dianne Dunning-Gill and Mrs. Clare MacConnell, directors of the admissions department, planned a fabulous day to welcome the newly accepted Class of 2027 into the St. Joe Family. 

This year, 170 girls were accepted into the Class of 2027, on a day fondly known as “Letter Day”, in reference to the acceptance letters that applicants receive at 3 PM on the day each year. Many of these girls visited the school on the 28th with their parents to celebrate their acceptance to the school. Upon entering the doors to the commons, future students and their parents were greeted with cheers from a large crowd of Angel Ambassadors. 

Freshmen students greet the newest angels at the Class of 2027 Welcome Day. (St. Joseph Academy Instagram)

Sophomore Ali Kennedy helped to welcome the new freshmen. 

“It was so fun to see the Class of 2027 get excited about their new school,” Ali said. As they made their way through the commons the new students received their official Class of 2027 T-shirt and a formal certificate of acceptance. The SJA Spirit Shop was fully stocked and had many new items available for purchase in the DePaul Room. Coffee, hot chocolate, and a wide selection of donuts were provided for the girls and their parents’ enjoyment. Sophomore Lizzie Kirsch is glad she volunteered to welcome the Class of 2027. 

“I worked at the donut station. I enjoyed meeting the new freshmen and I am excited to see them in the halls next year” Lizzie said. 

Two members of the SJA Class of 2027 smile at their Welcome Day celebration. (St. Joseph Academy Instagram)

Incoming freshmen students were also invited to write their names on paper angel wings that would be displayed throughout the commons. Angel Ambassadors enjoyed speaking with the new angels and their parents and sharing their love of St. Joe with them.