New Angels Granted their Wings

Future+Angel+with+her+sign+

Mrs. Margie Edwards

Future Angel with her sign

Mackie Schuler, Senior Staff Writer

January 27 was a huge day for the Class of 2027. They were informed if they were accepted into the Academy. It is a life-changing day with joy and tears as they are beginning the next best four years of their lives. 

Every St. Joe student and aluma remembers the moment that they were accepted into the Academy. Driving home from school shaking until the sign in the yard was spotted saying, “Home of an Angel.” 

Sophomore Libby West talked about her own experience.

“I cried out of happiness,” Libby said. 

At that moment the life of an eighth grader is changed forever. They are now a part of sisterhood that has spanned through decades. 

At St. Joe this year there were roughly 325 shadow visits with the Angel Ambassador Program. 

Mrs. Claire MacConnell, Associate Director of Enrollment Management, said that roughly 325 visitors came through the Angel Ambassador Program this year.. 

She said this number of shadows was “about the same as last year but was a large jump from other years.”

Incoming freshman continuing the legacy of the St. Joe Angels. (Mrs. Margie Edwards)

Out of the shadows, more than 200 potential students applied. The acceptance rate was 85 percent meaning there are about 170 freshmen in the Class of 2027. 

With the growing number of freshmen, the number of dots on Mr. Stein’s map will grow as well. There will be three students that will be commuting from Illinois to the Academy next year. The zipcode with the largest number of students of the Class of 2027 is 63131, which covers the cities of Town and Country, Frontenac, and Des Peresi. 

The growing numbers of the students shows how much the community is attracted to St Joe. The Academy is a place of learning that helps students to grow in the four years they attend here. The Class of 2027 is welcomed with open wings and the St. Joe community is excited to see them in the halls next year.