Taking Fall to a Whole New Level of Tasty

Jordan+Wilson+23+%28left%29%2C+Mia+Wilson+22+%28middle%29%2C+and+Amanda+Malin+22+%28right%29+working+at+Cup+of+Joe+serving+coffee.+

Ava Perreand

Jordan Wilson ’23 (left), Mia Wilson ’22 (middle), and Amanda Malin ’22 (right) working at Cup of Joe serving coffee.

Lizzie Balestreri, Print Managerial Editor

The time of year for the beloved pumpkin spice is here. The time to spend copious amounts of money on Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice drinks is finally here. Now is the time to start preparing. 

Starbucks offers a variety of options for pumpkin spice lovers. First and foremost, there is the much loved “Pumpkin Spice Latte”, their original pumpkin drink. 

Grace Dutch, a senior at St. Joseph’s Academy, shared her trial and error with making her own version of a Pumpkin Spice Latte. 

“I love trying new things, especially when it comes to caffeine. I actually had to make this recipe twice because the first time I made it [I] boiled it too much and it did not taste good, but the second time I did it, it came out great,” she said. 

Another great addition to pumpkin spice items is pumpkin spice scented candles. Companies that offer them include the famous Bath and Bodyworks, Target, Walmart, Yankee Candle, Williams-Sonoma, and even Trader Joe’s. Pumpkin spice candles smell like your favorite pumpkin latte with the rich scents of clove and nutmeg, causing pumpkin pie cravings all day long. 

Senior Sam Stryker shared her thoughts on seasonal pumpkin spice collections. 

“I have always been a candle person, so when I first discovered this scent, I instantly fell in love and had to buy it. I’ve been obsessed ever since,” she said. 

Starbucks offers a Pumpkin Scone, which is a pumpkin spice flavored scone with sweet icing on the top. Another food that Starbucks offers is the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin. This delicious snack is topped with sweet cream cheese filling and sprinkled with spiced pepitas. Lastly, there is a Pumpkin Loaf also offered at Starbucks, which is a gently spiced bread with pumpkin flavors and pepitas. 

For the pumpkin spice admirers who are looking for a cheaper way to taste the approaching fall season in their morning coffees, there is another way. To obtain the pumpkin spice flavoring in one’s own drink, go to any grocery store and buy Coffee Mate’s pumpkin spice flavored creamer. 

Another way to spice up the morning is to have a favorite cereal such as Frosted Flakes, Cheerios, or Kellog’s. But this time, go to the store and get these same cereals, but pumpkin spice flavored. 

Not a coffee drinker? No problem, many tea companies offer pumpkin spice-flavored tea. Some brands to try include David’s Tea, Teavana, The Republic of Tea, and so much more. 

Fall is a great time of year for so many different traditions and events. However, for many students and staff around the St. Joe community, the reincarnation of Pumpkin Spice is definitely a highlight.