Angel Alumnae return for Home for the Holidays

Marie Edwards

Alums for the Class of 2020

Brighton McDaniel, Senior Staff Writer

It is that time of the year… It’s Home for the Holidays! This is an annual reunion for St. Joe college alumnae. It is held every year while they are home on winter break. Over the break Home for the Holidays was held on Thursday January 6 from 12- 1:30 pm in the Sr. Mary de Paul Room. This year ,classes of 2018- 2021 came back to visit St. Joe. 

Alumna Ainsley Hurford, Class of 2020, attended.

“My favorite part of Home for the Holidays was seeing all my friends– especially those I do noy get to talk to a lot– catching up with teachers, and obviously seeing the beautiful new school,” Ainsley said. 

At Home for the Holidays, the ladies each have lunch and have the opportunity to reconnect with their classmates and other years’ students. Many faculty members also attend this event to see their former students and hear about their college experiences. While Home for the Holidays is occurring the girls are welcome to walk around the school and see the new construction because for many of the alumae they did not get to see it before they graduated. They wear their college gear to show off their school. This year, between 60-70 alumnae came back to visit, but attendance varies from year to year. 

Mrs. Carrie Wenberg, Director of Alumnae Relations, coordinates the event and was excited to welcome the Angels home.

“The best part of the event is having the alums back at their alma mater! We enjoy hearing about college and their successes. It is so wonderful to see them reconnecting with their classmates and friends,” Mrs. Wenberg said. 

It is safe to say that Home for the Holidays was a success, all the alumnae had a wonderful time and were amazed by the construction updates.  It was exciting for both the former student and teachers to see each other. Only a handful go to schools close to St. Joe so it meant a lot for all of them to return.