What Did You Miss This Year at the Dance Showcase?

Ryan Paluczak

Sophie Main’23, Sophie Middendorf’23, Madi Hanneken’23, Maria Mueller ’23

Brighton McDaniel, Senior Staff Writer

During the second semester at St. Joe, the Department of Fine Arts produces an annual dance showcase, where many of the students display their talents. This year, all the dances were completely student choreographed and all genres of dance are represented: Ballet, Irish Dance, Jazz, Contemporary, and Musical Theatre. The students who performed spent the majority of the first semester on choreography. 

There were multiple girls that participated in the dance showcase: junior Sophie Middendorf, junior Sophie Mains, junior Brynley Wall, and junior Madi Hanneken are all dancing in Tap along with other genres. Junior Lucie McMillen, senior Bella Hartman, freshman Joey Hahn, and junior Rainey Fikes danced in the genre Jazz. Sophomore Ava Molli, junior Julia Rhodes and junior Noelle Adamski also danced in the genre Jazz along with other genres. Finally freshman Caeleigh Edminston and sophomore Lucy Dobslaw performed an Irish Dance. 

“I am looking forward to performing styles of dance that I have not performed before, especially since I have only been dancing for six months. Previously I did competitive gymnastics so dance seemed easy to transition to,” Joey said before the performance.

The dance showcase took place on Friday, February 11 and Saturday, February 12 .

Ms. Nicki Tipton, dance teacher and organizer of the event, loves being able to put on the showcase. 

“The special thing about my job is that I get to see these dances from start to finish, I love seeing it all come together,” Ms. Tipton said. 

The showcase was a success both nights, with tons of people coming. This showcase was a nice way to show what these ladies had been working on for the majority of the year.