• Fall 2023-24

Print Issues

Fall 2023-24

• A Thousand Boy Kisses is the novel to make you feel all of the emotions.

Arts

A Thousand Boy Kisses: My Opinion

• Mr. Mikey Ward poses for a photo.

Features

Meeting Mr. Ward

• A Christmas tree glows brightly as it welcomes families into the Christmas season.

Features

Going Home for the Holidays

• St. Joe Junior Varsity Raquetball team having fun at practice.

Sports

Flying with the Angels into this Winter’s Racquetball Season

• Piles of papers wait to be organized as part of St. Joes ins for the 2024 spring semester.

Features

Out With the Old and In with the New

• The senior class making memories during first semester

Features

Seniors’ Last Semester

• (from left to right) Freshmen Peyton Peters, Bella Sedlack, Amelia Trost, Caroline McQuaid, and Madelyn Emge dressed up in an 80s theme at the Villa vs. St. Joe field hockey game.

Features

Moving Onto the Second Half of Freshman Year

• Fireworks light up the sky as the new year begins.

Features

Jumping into the Second Half of Junior Year

• St. Joe students perform at the annual Winter Concert.

holidays

Students Celebrate Holiday Traditions

The Student News Site of St Joseph's Academy

The Voice

The Voice

The Voice

Putting In The Work

Unknown
The golf team displays their second place state trophy.

St. Joseph’s Academy’s golf team consistently displays true dedication in working hard and earning their success. Their well-known achievements throughout the years prove each player’s commitment during their season and off-season. 

The team ended their season with a 9-1 record. This includes winning the annual Angel Classic, held on September 21 this year. Winning districts, the team advanced to compete for state where they placed 2nd, scoring just behind Visitation Academy. 

Carol Fromuth coaches the team. Coach Fromuth has held her position at St. Joseph’s Academy for 21 years. Before making the switch to St. Joe, Coach Fromuth worked at Lafayette, coaching both girls’ and boys’ golf for 17 years. In 2005, she was named the National Girls Golf Coach of the Year. Her contributions to St. Joe have been remarkable and her accomplishments are rightfully recognized by the St. Joe community.

St Joe’s golf team proves their success is not handed to them by practicing every weekday. Because St. Joe does not have a course on campus, the players practice at The Bluffs golf course, roughly 20 minutes away from school. The Bluffs has a course as well as a driving range and putting green, giving the team many opportunities to improve their skills. On top of practicing every day after school, the players are expected to continue practicing on the weekends. Being a player on St. Joe’s golf team is a huge commitment, but their hard work consistently shows and pays off in the long run.

The golf team jumps showing off their excitement for winning the Angel Classic. (Unknown)

Ava Umphlett, a junior on the junior varsity golf team notes the dedication each member of the team showed throughout the season.

“The reason that the golf team is so successful is because each player is so committed. The grind never stops for golf,” Ava said.

Unfortunately, this year, the golf team lost their reigning title of state championships. However, they fought hard throughout the competition and impressively placed second in the state for the class four division. 

Junior Catherine Martin, who plays on the junior varsity golf team, shares her opinion on the season as a whole. 

“They proved themselves again and again that they are a great team. I think that there was a lot of pressure on them to win state because they have won for seven years in a row, but they still played amazing, and second place is a huge accomplishment,” Catherine said.

Ava Umphlett also included her thoughts on the ending of the varsity team’s season.

“It was a very upsetting loss to watch, but St. Joe played amazing and deserves to be proud of what they accomplished this season,” Ava said. 

Although the golf team was unable to bring home another state championship this year, they still had an incredible season. They remain a top team in girls’ high school golf and will surely continue to have success in the years to come.