• Supporters of St. Josephs Academy raise money for the school at An Evening with the Angels.

auction

An Evening with the Angels: a Smashing Success Despite Relocation

• Taylor Swift accepting her Grammy for Album of the Year.

Features

Grammys Recap

• Fall 2023-24

Print Issues

Fall 2023-24

• A Thousand Boy Kisses is the novel to make you feel all of the emotions.

Arts

A Thousand Boy Kisses: My Opinion

• A handmade palm leaf cross from Palm Sunday reminds Catholics of the Lenten season.

campus ministry

Leaping into Lent

• A lady celebrates Mardi Gras by wearing traditional purple, green, and gold clothing for a parade.

Features

Marching Into Mardi Gras

• St. Joe student volunteers at St. Joe Serves.

campus ministry

Celebrating Catholic Schools Around the World

• Mr. Mikey Ward poses for a photo.

Features

Meeting Mr. Ward

• A Christmas tree glows brightly as it welcomes families into the Christmas season.

Features

Going Home for the Holidays

• St. Joe Junior Varsity Raquetball team having fun at practice.

Sports

Flying with the Angels into this Winter’s Racquetball Season

The Student News Site of St Joseph's Academy

The Voice

The Voice

The Voice

Cross Country Creating History

Unknown
Varsity warming up in front of the start before the Gans Creek Classic.

So far, St. Joe’s cross-country team has had an outstanding start to the season, remaining undefeated in every in-state meet. The team has grown better each week, translating to a theme of continuous success. As the season makes its descent to the final race, the girls are set on making St. Joe history. 

The Angels kicked off their first 5k of the season with an exceptional performance at the Forest Park Invitational, with both Junior Varsity and Varsity taking home the win. 

Lucy Rines (27’), right, and Maggie Boedefeld (26’), left, crossing the finish line milliseconds apart. (Unknown)

St. Joe Sophomore, Savannah Amann, won the Gold Division race in 19 minutes, 34.03 seconds.

“It was just the best feeling,” Amann said. 

Since then, the Angels have remained victorious with solid performances from JV and Varsity alike. 

Cross Country Coach Scott House has never been more proud.

“I am so lucky to have such a great group of young women. We have 45 student-athletes this year, the biggest team in school history, and every one of them is great – on and off the course,” Coach House said. 

Additionally, House goes on to stress the importance of each race as a stepping stone toward the team’s ultimate goal, making the podium at State; something that has yet to be done by any cross-country team at the academy. But for now, the girl’s attention stands pointedly in the direction of becoming All-Conference Champs, a milestone that has not been crossed in 10 years. House is confident the girls can make this dream a reality, for the team has many layers of talent and potential.

Sophomore Ally Good, right, and Freshman Peyton Foshage, left, after exiting the woods run together toward the final stretch. (Junior Emily Ryback)

While cross-country is an incredibly physically demanding sport, the mental capabilities of these athletes stay unmatched. The build-up of this key function of the sport has been heavily prioritized throughout each practice and race, making the team stronger than ever. Although the girls still have a lot of work to do before the season comes to a close, the results so far have been nothing short of a reflection of their admirable efforts. 

With such a promising start, the team cannot wait to see their early success come full circle as it lifts them toward the State podium. Their ongoing streak of wins has been fearfully noted by other teams, positioning St. Joe as a top competitor for Class Four girls at the Gans Creek Course this November.