• Supporters of St. Josephs Academy raise money for the school at An Evening with the Angels.

auction

An Evening with the Angels: a Smashing Success Despite Relocation

• Taylor Swift accepting her Grammy for Album of the Year.

Features

Grammys Recap

• Fall 2023-24

Print Issues

Fall 2023-24

• A Thousand Boy Kisses is the novel to make you feel all of the emotions.

Arts

A Thousand Boy Kisses: My Opinion

• A handmade palm leaf cross from Palm Sunday reminds Catholics of the Lenten season.

campus ministry

Leaping into Lent

• A lady celebrates Mardi Gras by wearing traditional purple, green, and gold clothing for a parade.

Features

Marching Into Mardi Gras

• St. Joe student volunteers at St. Joe Serves.

campus ministry

Celebrating Catholic Schools Around the World

• Mr. Mikey Ward poses for a photo.

Features

Meeting Mr. Ward

• A Christmas tree glows brightly as it welcomes families into the Christmas season.

Features

Going Home for the Holidays

• St. Joe Junior Varsity Raquetball team having fun at practice.

Sports

Flying with the Angels into this Winter’s Racquetball Season

The Student News Site of St Joseph's Academy

The Voice

The Voice

The Voice

Inducting the Tennis Team into the Missouri Hall of Fame

The+JV+tennis+team+after+a+match.+
Coach Cindy Tabscott
The JV tennis team after a match.

Since 1974, the SJA Tennis program has been one to remember, and now they finally will be by the whole state of Missouri. The tennis program has 31 top-four finishes and 18 state championships, which are both record numbers for Missouri. SJA has had an outstanding tennis program since the beginning, and now all of the players from the start of the program to the present will be recognized for their record-breaking skills, good sportsmanship, and St. Joe spirit. 

Ally Gilman is a freshman at St. Joe. She is on the Junior Varsity tennis team and she has really enjoyed getting to know her coaches. 

Freshmen Ally Gilman and Lily Figert playing in a doubles match. (Coach Cindy Tabscott)

“The coaches are like no others. They are always so supportive but will make corrections and encourage you to work hard to become the best player you can be,” said Ally Gilman.

Coach Doug Smith, the current varsity tennis coach, has also been inducted into the hall of fame. Coach Smith has been a part of the SJA tennis program for 25 years and is responsible for 12 state championships. When given his award, he explained how the players play and the coaches coach, and while being a coach means giving instruction and helping players improve, it is really the players that win the matches. Doug’s wise words and coaching techniques are just the start of a group of strong tennis players with a passion for the game. The tennis coaches at St. Joe are one of the biggest influences on the growth of the players. 

Freshman Claire Peters plays on the Junior Varsity tennis team. She has really appreciated playing with her teammates and being coached by amazing coaches. 

“I love my coach, Coach Cindy, and I love how close it has brought me with my teammates,” said Claire Peters.

This season of tennis has been a successful one. Both teams only took one loss and the varsity placed 3rd in a tournament. By working hard every day and having a coach who is in the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame, the tennis teams can reach all of their goals. With districts coming up, the varsity team is hoping to take home another state title and break their own record, once again, making Missouri history.