• Supporters of St. Josephs Academy raise money for the school at An Evening with the Angels.

auction

An Evening with the Angels: a Smashing Success Despite Relocation

• Taylor Swift accepting her Grammy for Album of the Year.

Features

Grammys Recap

• Fall 2023-24

Print Issues

Fall 2023-24

• A Thousand Boy Kisses is the novel to make you feel all of the emotions.

Arts

A Thousand Boy Kisses: My Opinion

• A handmade palm leaf cross from Palm Sunday reminds Catholics of the Lenten season.

campus ministry

Leaping into Lent

• A lady celebrates Mardi Gras by wearing traditional purple, green, and gold clothing for a parade.

Features

Marching Into Mardi Gras

• St. Joe student volunteers at St. Joe Serves.

campus ministry

Celebrating Catholic Schools Around the World

• Mr. Mikey Ward poses for a photo.

Features

Meeting Mr. Ward

• A Christmas tree glows brightly as it welcomes families into the Christmas season.

Features

Going Home for the Holidays

• St. Joe Junior Varsity Raquetball team having fun at practice.

Sports

Flying with the Angels into this Winter’s Racquetball Season

The Student News Site of St Joseph's Academy

The Voice

The Voice

The Voice

Dancing for A Night to Remember

Lana Wen
Juniors Caroline Chier, Emma Kelly, Margret Buehring, Grace Ghere, Riley Lydon, and Isabel Henderson pose at Fall Ball.

Fall Ball has been a huge tradition at St. Joe for many years. Every year, juniors and seniors dress up to share in the tradition that has become a core memory for many upperclassmen and alumnae. The tradition lived on this year. Full of laughter, singing, and dancing, this year’s Fall Ball was one to remember.

Fall Ball took place on Friday, October 6th, in the gym at St. Joe. Students could arrive anytime between eight o’clock and eight-thirty to participate. As soon as everyone arrived, the dance floor was packed with lively dancers and celebratory singers as each and every student sang and danced to their favorite songs.

Junior Caeleigh Edmiston’s favorite part of Fall Ball was dancing to her favorite songs.

“I loved getting on the dance floor at Fall Ball.  Everyone was hyped, and I had so much fun dancing with my best friends,” Caeleigh said.

Juniors Caeleigh Edmiston, Yelena Williams, and Elise Wagner smile as they take pictures for Fall Ball. (Christine Garrett)

However, along with singing and dancing, catching up with classmates and friends was a big theme for this year’s Fall Ball. Many students had fun seeing old friends and grade school classmates they hadn’t seen in years or even catching up with their classmates and commenting on how pretty each other’s dresses were.

Junior Elise Wagner enjoyed catching up with people at Fall Ball this year.

“I love seeing my friends from my class and spending time having fun with them,” Elise said.

Moreover, the dance would not have been as fun if Stuco had not organized the event. A lot of effort went into ordering the decorations, booking the DJ, arranging the guests, designing a t-shirt, and choosing a theme: the 70s. All these things played a huge role in the success of the night.

Also, Fall Ball was a success with the help of teachers to chaperone the event. Many teachers gave up their Friday night to spend it at St. Joe, including Mr. Gundy, a science and engineering teacher at St. Joe. Mr. Gundy chaperones many dances at St. Joe in his military uniform, something many students get a kick out of.

Junior Audrey Callen loved attending Fall Ball this year.

“I really appreciate all the hard work that went into Fall Ball.  It was a great time!” Audrey said.

Overall, this year’s Fall Ball was a huge success in all categories. Everything from the planning to the actual dance turned out great, making it evident why Fall Ball is one of the most loved and most memorable days at St. Joe.