Mission Week Merrymaking: An Inside Look at the Famous Faculty Show

St. Joe Instagram

St. Joe faculty with their kids who attend the school in the 2022 Mission Week Faculty Show.

Julia Rhodes, Digital Managerial Editor

St. Joe students and staff alike were thrilled to bring back the in-person faculty show: one of the most highly anticipated events of Mission Week. During Mission Month 2020, this event was a compilation of videos made by faculty and staff that was live-streamed out to the student body. While this still brought laughter and excitement to those who watched, nothing can quite compete with the classic in-person show in the St. Joe theater at the end of a joyous and competitive week. 

This year’s show consisted of a number of big group dances, Midnight confessions from the Theology department, a sports showdown (in which Mrs. Landherr took home the gold), performances by the traffic coordinators, an SJA family act, and many more. A crowd favorite from the event was a surprise performance by Pitbull (Mr. Westlake) and Christina Aguilera (Mr. Stein). 

Sophomore Avery Simon was surprised to see some of her favorite faculty featured in the show.

“I asked Mr. Westlake if he was going to be in the show and he said ‘no’ which made seeing him as Pitbull that much funnier,” Avery said.

Each year, the St. Joe staff do the show as a thank you to the students for all of the work they put into Mission Week. However, there are a few rules enforced at the show. Absolutely no recording is allowed unless you are permitted by a club or class to do so. 

“The faculty does this out of the kindness of our hearts, and most of us don’t want to be posted all over social media,” Ms. Karen Davis, Principal of Student Affairs, said.

After missing out on a lot of the events that make St.Joe what it is. It seems as though everyone was incredibly grateful to be back to normal.