Tis’ the Season for Chrismix

Seniors+Sarah+Miner%2C+Lily+Skaggs%2C+Kelsey+Kimes%2C+Emily+Metherd%2C+Sydney+Schlanger%2C+Lexi+Hartman%2C+Kelly+Dean%2C+and+Kelsey+Everitt+had+fun+at+the+photo+booth+during+ChrisMix.+

Fisheye Fun

Senior’s Sarah Miner, Lily Skaggs, Kelsey Kimes, Emily Metherd, Sydney Schlanger, Lexi Hartman, Kelly Dean, and Kelsey Everitt had fun at the photo booth during ChrisMix.

Brighton McDaniel, Senior Staff Writer

Chrismix took place on December 1for the first time since December of 2019. Chrismix is St. Joe’s Christmas mixer where girls can bring dates from other schools or even go solo and party the night away with their classmates. This year there were extra protocols put in place for health safety. Such as having proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test by both the girls and their dates, if they chose to bring one. Everyone was super excited, not only for the mixer but also for DJ Regy! He also helped the Angels with fun music at Fall Ball, back in September. 

Freshman Emily Morrow had a great time at her first-ever Chrismix.

“The best part about the whole night was the music,” she said.

Chrismix was open to all grade levels. Everyone had a lot of fun and danced the night away. Everyone danced so much that Mrs. Collen Smith- Yelton, coordinator of STUCO events, had to cut the DJ off at 10:30 because everyone kept dancing and having fun! 

Chrismix is a mixer where you wear nothing but holly jolly Christmas clothes. You can wear anything from Christmas pajamas to an actual Elf outfit.  Both St. Joe girls and their dates can wear Christmas clothes. 

Freshman Jillian Soucek also went to Chrismix and had a blast, she had never been to a mixer before, so she did not know what to expect! 

“My favorite part was the music and DJ, it was so much fun and I felt like everyone had a good time,” Jillian said. 

Everyone did have a great time and a lot of people loved the photo booth. In addition to the photo booth, at Chrismix the DJ played music varying from Christmas songs to pop music. He had the tennis courts jumping and the guests singing their hearts out. Overall Chrismix was very successful and the nice weather made the night even better. Till next year!