Marking the Senior Dates for the Class of 2022

Ms. Anna Hotop

Class of 2021 participating in their virtual senior project “Service of the Heart: Virtual Immersion Service Experience”

Maggie Mays, Senior Staff Writer

As many know, there is a plethora of meaningful traditions for the senior class each year at St. Joe. Below is a list of all of the important senior events marked on the school calendar this year. 

October 5- Senior Application Workshop

November 1- College Early Decision deadline

November 2-4- Kairos #57

December 9- Senior service meeting and college advising meeting

January 14- Father Daughter Dance

January 27- Senior Counseling Presentation

February 1-3- Kairos #58

February 23- College Advising Meeting

March 3rd- Senior class information meeting

April 5-7- Kairos #59

April 8- Senior Spring Service Hours due

April 21- Senior service meeting

April 25- Last Day of Class

April 26- Senior service day and senior alumni association induction

April 29- Senior exams

May 2nd- Senior Service project begins

May 6- Prom

May 19- Senior service project ends

May 20- Celestine Reflections

May 22- Baccalaureate

May 25- Graduation Practice

May 26- Graduation

The class of 2022 has been buzzing with excitement for these long standing traditions. Senior Ava Ronzio, who has an avid passion for service, has been looking forward to her senior service project since freshman year.

“I am grateful to be able to have the opportunity to partake in this after service opportunities have been slim these past couple of years due to COVID,” Ava said.

Senior Kate Combs is the President of the Student Alumnae Association this school year and has watched two of her older sisters become inducted into SAA.

“One thing I think is really cool is that we get to prepare the lace for the seniors before the alumnaeinduction ceremony,” Kate said. “I think it’s special that we get to be a part of something that these girls will take with them through life- and I’m excited to receive mine this year as both of my sisters still have theirs.”

Overall, the senior class is grateful to be able to participate in these St. Joe senior traditions that they have looked forward to for years. Many have seen friends, family, and classmates partake in these events and are thrilled to engage in them themselves.