St. Joe Students Find God on Kairos 48

Kairos+is+a+retreat+that+every+St.+Joe+student+must+attend.+It+is+a+time+of+growing+closer+to+classmates+as+well+as+God.+

Kairos is a retreat that every St. Joe student must attend. It is a time of growing closer to classmates as well as God.

Annie Thompson, Staff Writer

Kairos is an amazing retreat that all St. Joe students experience before graduation. While the events that unfold on this retreat are secretive, one thing that is for sure is that the retreatants make new friendships, rekindle old relationships, reflect on their life, find God and how He plays a role in their lives, and simply feel the love.

Some St. Joe students just recently experienced all of the joy from Kairos as they attended Kairos 48 from January 22 to January 24. While the retreat in and of itself is special, it is also inspiring how contagious the happiness is when they return, reminding all past retreatants of the special experience that Kairos is, as well as showing those who have yet to attend what they get to look forward to. Kairos 48 returned to school with an overwhelming amount of joy from the genuine love that they each felt and experienced from and with one another over the few days.

Kairos 48 could not have been complete without the many months of preparation and effort by the student leaders, campus minister Ms. Anna Hotop, and the faculty team who attended. With their help, Kairos 48 was an experience that will not be forgotten.

Claire Kelly, one of the leaders, shares that leading Kairos 48 was “one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done and by far my favorite St. Joe experience.”

The student leaders grow even closer together with the SJA family and each other as they lead Kairos 48. Photo: Annie Thompson

She added: “There’s nothing greater than watching girls deepen their love for God, their classmates, and themselves.”

In addition to the majority of seniors on Kairos 48, eight juniors joined in order to lead the first Kairos for their grade in this coming spring.

Junior Abby Koch, one of the eight leaders, remarked: “I was little nervous going as a junior to a senior retreat, but everyone made me feel so comfortable and welcomed, especially my small group.”

With the juniors, seniors, leaders, and faculty on this Kairos 48, special memories were made and this experience is one that will continue to impact them each.