• Supporters of St. Josephs Academy raise money for the school at An Evening with the Angels.

auction

An Evening with the Angels: a Smashing Success Despite Relocation

• Taylor Swift accepting her Grammy for Album of the Year.

Features

Grammys Recap

• Fall 2023-24

Print Issues

Fall 2023-24

• A Thousand Boy Kisses is the novel to make you feel all of the emotions.

Arts

A Thousand Boy Kisses: My Opinion

• A handmade palm leaf cross from Palm Sunday reminds Catholics of the Lenten season.

campus ministry

Leaping into Lent

• A lady celebrates Mardi Gras by wearing traditional purple, green, and gold clothing for a parade.

Features

Marching Into Mardi Gras

• St. Joe student volunteers at St. Joe Serves.

campus ministry

Celebrating Catholic Schools Around the World

• Mr. Mikey Ward poses for a photo.

Features

Meeting Mr. Ward

• A Christmas tree glows brightly as it welcomes families into the Christmas season.

Features

Going Home for the Holidays

• St. Joe Junior Varsity Raquetball team having fun at practice.

Sports

Flying with the Angels into this Winter’s Racquetball Season

The Student News Site of St Joseph's Academy

The Voice

The Voice

The Voice

Alumnae return “Home for the Holidays”

Bright smiles and familiar faces filled the halls when our beloved SJA alumnae visited the Academy for a welcoming, memory-filled visit. The classes of 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 gathered at St. Joe to see how the school has change, but also to talk and reconnect with some of their former teachers and classmates.

Graduate of the class of 2017 Averie Wade enjoyed the gathering.

“I’m always happy to be back!” Wade said. “ I love to see how the school is changing and growing!”

Perhaps one of the most popular changes to the school is the new Campus Ministry room! The alumnae were amazed with how much work had been put into such an wonderful addition and the current students and staff were happy to show off this beloved space.

The graduates were also able to see new additions like the new locker and workout room, Cup of Joe, and the new digital innovation space on the third floor.

However, nothing can compare to that feeling of love, laughter, and cheer that one would feel as soon as they walked into the DePaul room, where all the graduates were gathered to have lunch and share a special bond with their classmates and teachers.

Cara Zupan, a graduate of the class of 2017, and former editor of The Voice, smiled as she thought of her time spent as SJA.

“ My favorite part is seeing all my friends and teachers that made my time here so special,” Zupan said. “ It’s the best time of the year!”

Besides having a great impact on the alumnae, this visit is also so meaningful for the teachers.

Mrs. Katie  Kilcullen, an English teacher, reflects on how special it is for her when the alumnae come to visit.

“The faculty love and welcome (our alumnae) back!” Mrs. Kilcullen said. “ We really care about all our students (past and present) and are invested in their lives.”

The most special aspect about this reunion is that everyone can truly see just how special St. Joe is, and how much of an impact it makes on the lives of every current and former student.

St. Joseph’s Academy is a place for making memories, long-lasting friendships, and for learning about the kind of person you want to be. As the school song says, “So, raise the banner of green and white, and let our voices blend!”